Commentary submission guidelines
The Nebraska Examiner welcomes commentary submissions. Preference goes to timely topics of interest to Nebraskans. The Examiner reserves the right to edit for clarity and style.
- Maximum length is 750 words.
- Name, full address and phone number are required (address and phone number are not for publication).
- The Examiner does not publish anonymous commentaries.
- Commentaries are not accepted from anyone who currently holds or is campaigning for public office.
- Name-calling and personal attacks are not acceptable.
- Submissions must be sent by email to [email protected], with “commentary” in the subject line. Please include the text of the commentary in the body of the email, not in an attachment.
- Facts or assertions that some readers might be expected to dispute should be accompanied by a source citation, such as by a link or by stating the source in plain language as part of the text.
- Commentaries must be signed by at least one individual. The Examiner does not accept pieces signed by an organization. Provide a brief biographical description of the author, including the author’s hometown.
- The Examiner does not publish candidate endorsements.
- The Examiner discourages open letters or commentaries that address an individual, institution or group.
- Questions may be addressed to editor Cate Folsom at [email protected].